Subject: PF and Darren Reed
To: None <regional-nyc@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 03/18/2004 13:59:04
At this Thursday's Beer Meeting I'd like to discuss what to do about
Darren Reed.  I am really pissed about his attitude in tech-net, and I
think the way he's interacting with itojun is impolite, unfair, and
most importantly not in our best interest.

The thread I've been reading is in tech-net starting at 2003-06-26.
It's long, so probably you don't want to read all of it.  I'll try to
print it and bring a highlighted copy.

Anyway, some time after tonight I intend to <cough> re-open this
discussion with him on the list, and try to achieve some resolution
that:

 (1) definitely, gets us a better ALTQ classifier,

 (2) probably, convinces Darren to calm the fuck down a little

 (3) maybe, and hopefully from my view, gets ipfilter replaced with PF.

I've thought about it for a month, and I'm pretty convinced that there
is a problem and that I need to say something.  However, I don't think
I've confronted anyone this personally before, except for maybe other
useless ranting sysadmins like me that haven't contributed any
significant code.  so, I'll be looking for guidance and opinions and
such, and it's probably better discussed with plenty of Beer.

a'ight, bye.

--
Some people in the US don't like the UN and will never like the UN
because it's full of foreigners, which frankly can't be helped.