Subject: Re: Beer...and keys.
To: None <>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 12/17/2003 18:34:41
>>>>> "ab" == Andrew Brown <> writes:

    ab> i need to revoke that key we made last time because i've
    ab> forgotten the passphrase.  doh!  i can't, can i?!

No, you can.  Just use the revocation certificate that you created at
the same time you generated your key.  The revocation certificate's
potency is not subject to a passphrase---it can't be, because you're
meant to distribute the revocation certificate through the same
channels as your public key, if your key is compromised, so that
everyone knows it's revoked.

You did make a revocation certificate when you generated your key,
didn't you?  It's standard procedure.

Yeah I thought so.  I didn't make one, either.

Only the Polytron reduces an entire mouse to a soup-like homogenate
in 30 seconds.