Subject: RE: VOIP at home?
To: 'tls@rek.tjls.com' <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Lindgren, Jon <Jon.Lindgren@gs.com>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 10/14/2003 11:09:03
> I have, through Vonage.  It's working fine now but there were
> some Issues:

<snip>

Interresting - you went VOIP all the way; I was just thinking about doing so
locally in my house, terminating at the analog drops from Bell.  My primary
reasons for this line of thinking were:

- One set of wiring/networking/subnets, easily controllable by me
- The product set looks to be coming of age - lots of products available
- Using the analog termination from Bell keeps all the "benefits" of analog
(i.e. servicing by Bell techs, etc.)
- I need a 2 line solution for my house which has more features (call
transfer, conferencing, voicemail, etc...).  I've tried all of the consumer
solutions (that I know of) and have found them to be quite poor.  As VOIP is
more business oriented, I figured these features would be rather solid by
now.

I'd gladly provide beer in exchange for an extended discussion at DBAs
sometime.

-Jon