Subject: Re: weather
To: Jim Wise <jwise@draga.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 06/14/2003 19:48:11
Jim Wise <jwise@draga.com> writes:
> On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, James K. Lowden wrote:
> >What is it with this weather?  Will we ever have one sunny day in a row in
> >June?  Is this the karmic reward for invading Iraq on the strength of a
> >lie?
>
> Easy there, big guy -- does anyone really believe that finding `only'
> two mobile labs

There are folks at the CIA who claim they are no such thing at all but
won't let themselves be identified in the press for obvious
reasons. However, might I suggest that rather than defending the
administration's lies here, you find another forum for doing it?

> Does anyone believe that Mr. Hussein unilaterally destroyed the tens of
> thousands of tons of WMD materials he himself acknowledged having in
> 1993, but just forgot to tell anyone?

No, the inspectors destroyed a lot of it, too. I predicted to several
friends in advance of the war that no or almost no banned weapons
would be found. Astonishingly, it turns out I was correct. But this is
not the place for this discussion. This is a place to discuss getting
beer. I can name numerous other lists where you can discuss why you
believe things the government tells you.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com