Subject: Re: Beer
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 06/06/2003 11:06:06
On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> I have a simpler solution: don't give the root password to idjits.
> No matter what tool you are planning to install, an idjit deserving
> her/his title will accidentally trip over a way to bypass it, while
> scratching her/his head/ass wondering why the system will not allow
> her/him to chop her/his own foot.

Unfortunately, idjit is a state, not a person, and it's applicable to
most people some of the time. My solution is to have people work in
pairs when working on production systems.

You probably remember, Christos, what a good job we did on some of those
Blink releases when we worked together. Things went much faster when I
wasn't always having to get up myself to make a new vodka soda.

cjs