Subject: Re: Anyone ever used a Compaq EVO laptop?
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 06/02/2003 22:29:56
"James K. Lowden" <> wrote:
> If I were to own a laptop, I would want it to Just Work.  I'd rather it
> ran NetBSD, but from here it looks like one long uphill struggle against
> entropy.  I'd be very happy to be convinced otherwise.

I don't know about the T40, but when I got my T30, I unwrapped it,
popped in the install CD, booted, installed NetBSD and was up and
running in about 15-30 minutes.  Another hour or so and I had all the
packages I most commonly use and a custom kernel.  No hassle whatsoever.

And yes, the laptop never ever booted anything else but NetBSD.  So
technically, Microsoft owes me about $120 or so.  :)

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.