Subject: Re: Anyone ever used a Compaq EVO laptop?
To: Lindgren, Jon <Jon.Lindgren@gs.com>
From: Andrew Brown <At.Brown@morganstanley.com>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 06/02/2003 13:15:35
> > unless, of course, you don't care about video or sound.
> > beyond the standard beep and the 80x25 text console.
>
> No, it's gotta work, but the Video is an ATI 7500 and the sound was ESS -
> pretty standard.

there are different flavours of ess, iirc.  1, 2, and 3, at the very
least.  or something like that.

> I think Perry (and yourself) have pushed me away from the Compaq towards a T
> series.  The only difference is that the T series doesn't appear to have a
> serial port (minor point, but nice to have), and is $3.7k as opposed to the
> Compaq, which is $2.8k.

good.

> I've heard the integrated 802.11 antennas which are made for both a and b
> are rather a comprimise in terms of range (which makes sense to me).  I
> guess it's a minor point.

integrated 802.11 si nice, but when signal strength is weak, nothing
beats a card into which you can plug an antenna.

the ibm has cardbus slots, i presume?

--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender
does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.