Subject: Re: Anyone ever used a Compaq EVO laptop?
To: 'regional-nyc@netbsd.org' <regional-nyc@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 06/02/2003 13:01:10
"Lindgren, Jon" <Jon.Lindgren@gs.com> wrote:
> > I'm an IBM T series bigot, so if you don't like the IBMs you
> > obviously wouldn't think my opinion was reasonable... :)
>
> No, no!  Please, bigot away.  I value your opinion - this will be my first
> laptop, so I'd much rather hear what you have to say.

Well, then I might as well also chip in with my vote for the IBM
T-Series.  Here at Stevens, all undergrads get a Compaq.  My colleague
and I continue to buy IBM's for our faculty, and have only had good
experiences with them.  Compaq's have odd hardware with odd flaws and --
but this may be due to Stevens' contract with Compaq -- overly
complicated return-policies.

My IBM T-30 is very nice, and I can't complain about the builtin
wireless either -- seems to work just fine.  Also, the T-30 has a serial
port, too.

-Jan

--
This one's tricky. You have to use imaginary numbers, like eleventeen...