Subject: Anyone ever used a Compaq EVO laptop?
To: 'regional-nyc@netbsd.org' <regional-nyc@netbsd.org>
From: Lindgren, Jon <Jon.Lindgren@gs.com>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 06/02/2003 09:40:06
Anybody here ever used a Compaq EVO laptop?  I finally have to grab one for
a project here at work.  The thing is, I have to do .NET development on it
(oi), so I'm looking for ~1GB, >XGA screen (XGA just won't do), and a decent
size disk.  On top of that, I'm trying to avoid getting something which is
1.6" thick.

There is a Compaq EVO 620, which can take up to 2GB of memory, a 1400x1050
screen, and ends up at 1.2" thick at around 5.5lbs.  Sounds good, but I've
never been in front of one.

I haven't been able to find much else.  Even most of what I saw from IBM
didn't impress me much.

Anybody have any opinions?  I mean opinions relavant to my laptop query...

-Jon Lindgren