Regional-london archive

Open source module: guest speakers wanted

Hello all,

I've spoken about this to some of you, but let's make it official: for my
Open Source module at Middlesex University next year, I'm looking for
guest speakers.

Some background: this is an optional third-year module, it looks like
there will be about 60 students in this run. Said students will be
required to participate in an existing Open Source project, and they will
be required to give a presentation/lead a discussion on an OSS topic of
their choice.

This leaves the matter of lectures. I'm hoping to get people from
outside the university to talk about OSS in the Real World(TM) - what's it
like working with OSS in companies, how can you make money off OSS,
what's it like developing for a project, and so on, and so forth. Basically,
any topic vaguely related to OSS would be welcome.

So, if you feel like talking to students about something nice for an hour,
or know someone who does, please get in touch. This module will run
from October 2015 to April 2016; no idea about the exact timetable yet.
I'm sure the university will be happy to pay your transport costs, if any
(within reason, of course...) - and you will of course have my undying
gratitude, if that counts for anything :)

best,

  Jaap

P.S. Don't hesitate to disseminate widely...
--
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that in emergencies."