Regional-london archive

Re: Next independent Cambridge meeting

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 06:10:05PM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:

Are you expecting presents? :-)

I think I volunteered to pick up one or two former network terminals
to save them from the junkyard; don't remember exactly what type and from
whom, but he agreed to keep them until July and bring them to Cambridge,
IIRC. Maybe I only dreamt that - can't find the e-mail right now.

I'll give you a RiscPC if you want one...

The Cambridge Blue is my current choice of pub (close to the station too).
But the Carlton is nearer us North Cambridge-dwellers. Any other
suggestions? We could even try somewhere else (gasp) like the Green Dragon.

Wasn't the Carlton Arms named already? Or was that only a suggestion?

It's our normal place, but has recently changed owners and is finding its feet at the moment (the old owners have moved to the Blue).

The Green Dragon is a good pub to show off Cambridge as it has an excellent riverside garden where you can watch the rowers. Good food too (beer average).

--
Stephen