Subject: Fetching "pksrc" distfiles in the UK
To: None <regional-london@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: regional-london
Date: 02/21/2007 09:19:09
	Hello,

this is a little hint for "pkgsrc" users in the UK. I recently replaced
the obivous ...

MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE=	ftp://ftp.uk.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/

... in "/etc/mk.conf" with this:

MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE=	ftp://ftp.uk.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/ \
			ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/pub/gentoo/distfiles/

This setting turned out to be quite useful. If a package in "pkgsrc" has
been updated in the last 24 hours the distribution files are quite
frequently not available on "ftp.uk.NetBSD.org" yet. And if you are
lucky the GenToo mirror already has that. And the download performance
for "ftp.mirrorservice.org" is excellent at least from my DSL connection.

	Kind regards