Subject: Re: Meeting in Cambridge?
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: regional-london
Date: 02/09/2006 08:20:32
On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, David Laight wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 09:06:56AM +0000, Stephen Borrill wrote:
>> Possible venues:
>
> Cambridge Blue, CB1 2LG: Non smoking, walking distance from station,
> 	hidden in a rat's nest of back streets!
> 	Parking ?  there may be some non-residents parking in that area.
> 	Good beer (free house...), reasonable food.

Actually not that far from the Live and Let Live. Parking is easier as
there's a car park on Gwydir Street. Gets very busy. Beer excellent, but
the food at the Live is much better IMHO.

> The Wrestlers CB5 8JE: Thai food, Charles Well's Ales.
> 	I think there is a bus from the station that goes along Newmarket Rd.
> 	Parking - unofficially there is a Tesco right behind it.

An unassuming pub that has got a reputation for being a computer blokes'
pub, at lunchtime anyway (Acorn was just round the corner and they had to
organise a daily rota). I find evenings a bit touch and go. Sometimes it
can be completely dead, other times packed. The Thai food is great.

--
Stephen