Subject: Re: Trip to Japan
To: None <minoura@NetBSD.org>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: regional-jp
Date: 09/03/2004 09:27:58
cjs> However, there's probably a lot of Japanese food you'd like, too; it's
cjs> not all seafood. If we hit an izakaya (a sort of Japanese bar and dining
cjs> place) they'll be tons of little dishes from which you can pick and
cjs> choose.

minoura-san>I'd suggest Yakitori (grilled chicken) or Yakiniku (Korean BBQ).

Agreed.  The Chinese and Taiwanese resturants are also very good.  In
general, I'd avoid western food in Japan, unless you don't expect it
to be "just like mom used to make."  Most western food resturants have
made concessions in their food to appeal to the Japanese palette.  I'd
also recommend trying a ramen-ya or a soba-ya (the 'mom and pop' style
shops tend to be better than the chain stores).

Warner