Subject: Re: Trip to Japan
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@NetBSD.org>
From: Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
List: regional-jp
Date: 09/02/2004 22:48:05
On 2004.9.2, at 06:29 PM, Quentin Garnier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm going to Japan (near Tokyo) next week, from Sunday 5th to Saturday
> 11th.  I'd like to meet a few people while I'm there and exchange a =
few
> PGP fingerprints.

Hey, I'd love to have an excuse to run up to Akihabara. (I'm sure I=20
could find someplace to sell me a 68040.) Unfortunately, my bank=20
account's in the minus range right at the moment.

I don't suppose, by close, that you mean your actual destination is=20
Osaka, Kobe, or Kyoto? (That'd be close for an expat Texan if I had=20
money for gas, anyway. ;)

> I don't know much about Japan and where I'll be going, so you will =
have
> to bear my clich=E9-filled view of the country :)

:-*

A week's not much time for getting rid of cliches, though.

> In order to set up a meeting, I'm accepting for suggestions for a =
place
> and a day.  Curt Sampson already told me he's not available on Friday
> (10th), so I guess Thursday evening would be good.
>
> It should be noted that I don't usually like nor eat sea food, and

Well, seafood here is not your ordinary seafood. Good stuff.

> although I'm willing to try Japanese food nonetheless, I can't say if =
> will still be able to eat sushis by the end of next week :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Quentin Garnier.

Have  fun, at any rate.

Joel Rees