Subject: Re: DEC sun3 gear available in Ottawa
To: None <regional-ca@NetBSD.org>
From: Kirk Russell <kirk@ba23.org>
List: regional-ca
Date: 11/13/2007 16:01:22
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, der Mouse wrote:

> > What size drive do they have?
>
> Ask Kirk. :-)  They do 50-pin single-ended SCSI, so you can load them
> up with as much SCSI disk as you have or can obtain that is or can be
> made narrow-single-ended-compatible.  (This can be quite a lot; I have
> such a disk that's over 17G, in service right now.)

The shoebox SCSI drive that came with the sun3/50 was about 500MB.

You also don't need a drive.  You can network boot NetBSD (and I
think sunos4) from the diskless sun3 boxen that I have.

--
Kirk Russell            <kirk@ba23.org>           http://www.ba23.org/
Bridlewood Software Testers Guild                 Ottawa Ontario Canada