Subject: Re: DEC sun3 gear available in Ottawa
To: None <regional-ca@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: regional-ca
Date: 11/13/2007 14:16:33
> Would GENERIC-TINY run on a MicroVAX-II for use a serial termianl
> server?

Maybe.  I wouldn't use it for more than building a custom kernel,
though.

> I don't know how many serial ports they have.

Every MicroVAX-II has one serial port (the KA630's console port).  It
might have no others; it might have tons more - you could load one up
with DHV-11s until...well, I'm not sure whether you'll run out of slots
or some other resource first; if each DHV-11 is either 8 or 16 ports (I
forget which), and a minimal system probably has something like 8-10
slots free if it's in a BA123, well, you can multiply those out as
easily as I can.  You may have trouble mounting the breakout panels in
the case above something like 32 ports, though.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign