Subject: Re: DEC sun3 gear available in Ottawa
To: None <regional-ca@NetBSD.org>
From: Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca>
List: regional-ca
Date: 11/13/2007 07:43:32
On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 03:18:25AM -0500, der Mouse wrote:

> If I can help, let me know; Suns have been the closest thing I have to
> a specialty, and I know a fair bit about VAXen as well, especially the
> MicroVAX-II.  (However, this is mostly hardware and low-level software
> knowledge; I can't, for example, help you with Solaris or recent VMS.)
>

> I don't think NetBSD really works on the MicroVAX-II any longer; the
> "16M is too tiny to even think about supporting" voices have gotten too
> strong.  Suns with a 64M or more should Just Work; the -3/60 maxes out
> at 24M, which is plenty for me, but I run 1.4T.

The info I've found says that the Sun 3/50 takes a max of 4 MB ram and
runs at 15.7 MHz, while the Sun 3/160 takes max 16 MB and runs at 16.67
MHz.  Is this wrong?  What NetBSD port do they use?  What size drive do
they have?

Please clarify what you mean by "but I run 1.4T".  1.4 Twhat?  1.4 TB
drives?

Doug.