Subject: Re: regional meetings
To: der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Joachim Thiemann <joachim.thiemann@gmail.com>
List: regional-ca
Date: 05/08/2006 22:08:48
On 5/8/06, der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca> wrote:
> Much as I like the idea, I'm not convinced there are enough Montreal
> NetBSD folk to make up any kind of regional gathering.  As far as I
> know I'm the only developer here, and even that largely through
> NetBSD's laziness in not booting me out despite my having contributed
> (almost?) nothing but gadfly pestering for the last what, 6+ years....
>
> I'd love to be wrong. :-)
>
> /~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse

While the "developer" part may be (sadly) true, I'm pretty certain
there are plenty of users about.  Heck, I've tossed Sparcs and
mac68k's at people enough that one or two should stick :-)

Maybe mention this on Sunquebec's messageboard.  I know they were
planning a gathering at some point or other.

And any excuse will do for me to head to an Irish pub - not that I
have a preference or anything - though there is a german place with
good beer here on St-Urbain too, that's easy staggering distance for
those of us in the plateau.

Joe.