Subject: Re: NetBSD booth at Linux World Boston
To: Tom Miller <tom@tommiller.us>
From: Brian Asemi <asemisldkfj@gmail.com>
List: regional-boston
Date: 02/25/2006 03:06:32
Tom Miller wrote:
> Brian Asemi <asemisldkfj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Tom Miller wrote:

>>> Little India in Waltham was popular as were several
>>> places around Central Square in Cambridge.
>>>
>> Hmm, I've never been to that place in Waltham, but everything I've had
>> in Central Square has been good.  Let me know if you'd be interested in
>> organizing anything like this or know anyone else who would be.
>
> How about if we meet for lunch at India Pavilion, 17 Central Square,
> on Thursday, March 9 at 12:00 noon?  Lunch has the all-you-can-eat
> buffet for cheap.  :-)  If you say, "Yes," then everyone else is
> automatically invited.

Sure!  Buffets are great.  I have class at 2:30 on thursdays, but lunch
should be over well before then.

A few updates about the expo: Dru sent an e-mail to the netbsd-advocacy
list saying that she needs the names of whoever will be available for
the FreeBSD (*BSD?) booth, and what hours you'll be available.  I'm
going to wait and see what it takes to get a booth for NetBSD, and if it
looks like we'll be able to keep it manned at all hours of the expo (I
kind of doubt this), then e-mail her with my available hours.

I also called one of the sales managers - I think that's what they're
called - and left her a voicemail inquiring about booths for open
source, non-commercial projects.  Hopefully she gets back to me soon.

-Brian