Subject: Re: visiting australia - want advise
To: None <regional-au@NetBSD.org>
From: Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>
List: regional-au
Date: 10/18/2005 11:26:32
--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

Greg 'groggy' Lehey said:
> On Thursday, 13 October 2005 at 23:31:39 +0800, Andrew Shugg wrote:
> > Matthias Drochner said:
> >> As said, I don't enjoy big cities that much
> >
> > You'll be fine, we don't have any of those in Australia.  ;)
>=20
> Melbourne and Sydney are bigger than most European cities, bigger than
> any German city: the top three are
>=20
>   Berlin   3.4 million
>   Hamburg  1.7 million
>   M=FCnchen  1.3 million
>=20
> Even Adelaide, with only a million, is thus relatively big.

True ... I was thinking more of the U.S. where a population the size of
Australia's lives around the San Francisco bay area.  Actually I was
really just stirring.  =3D)

I do have a couple of suggestions for our visitor though: some people
have been very successful in finding discounted accommodation using the
website "http://www.whatif.com.au/", so you might like to try that one.

Your indispensible travelling companion is not the "Lonely Planet"
guide, although that is also very good, but Bill Bryson's "Down Under".
If you read through a copy of it you will pick up all sorts of
interesting things.  =3D)

Down Under:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=3DSpecial:Booksources&isbn=3D0552=
99703X

Lonely Planet:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1740594479/ref=3Dpd_bxgy_img_2_cp/=
202-3509344-2598212

For cheap(ish) flights - remembering that there can be a long way to go
between things in Australia - you can look at Virgin Blue and Qantas.
The further in advance you book something, the better ticket price
you're likely to get.

  http://www.virginblue.com.au/

  http://www.qantas.com.au/

Good luck & have fun!

Andrew S.

--=20
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--