Subject: Re: visiting australia - want advise
To: None <regional-au@NetBSD.org>
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@NetBSD.org>
List: regional-au
Date: 10/14/2005 09:34:03
--yeJdj7Q1OCGij+ex

On Thursday, 13 October 2005 at 23:31:39 +0800, Andrew Shugg wrote:
> Matthias Drochner said:
>> As said, I don't enjoy big cities that much
>
> You'll be fine, we don't have any of those in Australia.  ;)

Melbourne and Sydney are bigger than most European cities, bigger than
any German city: the top three are

  Berlin   3.4 million
  Hamburg  1.7 million
  M=FCnchen  1.3 million

Even Adelaide, with only a million, is thus relatively big.

Australia's a very urban society.  I live 44 km from the middle of
Adelaide, and couriers no longer deliver here.  I ordered a laptop
from Dell, and they want a "suburb" to deliver to (no PO boxes).
Particularly Sydneysiders seem to think that Australia seems to end
just behind Paramatta.

Greg

--yeJdj7Q1OCGij+ex

--yeJdj7Q1OCGij+ex--