Subject: Re: visiting australia - want advise
To: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@NetBSD.org>
List: regional-au
Date: 10/14/2005 09:29:26
--Ca+s3PlhHV9xbzQQ

On Thursday, 13 October 2005 at 16:41:30 +0200, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> grog@NetBSD.org said:
>> Make sure to find time to come to the Adelaide Hackers' Barbecue on 26
>> December!
>
> I'll try - hope it fits in.
>
>> there's nothing wrong with Perth
>
> This doesn't sound enthusiastic:-)

Sorry, it wasn't intended that way.  It's just that spending half your
time there is probably a little unbalanced.

>> A lot depends on what you're looking for.
>
> I definitely enjoy nature more than big cities.  (Personally I'm not
> opposed to serious hiking, but my fellows didn't like the idea when
> I brought this up.)  Coastal areas are good, mountains too, all
> that...

No mountains in Australia :-)  It's pretty flat here; the highest
mountain is less than 3000 m high.  You may like the High Country in
Eastern Victoria, though.

Greg

--Ca+s3PlhHV9xbzQQ

--Ca+s3PlhHV9xbzQQ--