Subject: Re: visiting australia - want advise
To: None <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: regional-au
Date: 10/14/2005 00:53:27
Hi Matthias,

Matthias Drochner wrote:

> Coastal areas are good, mountains too, all that...

I'll put a vote in for the Great Ocean Road, all the way through to
Warrnambool.  This starts about 1.5 hours from Melbourne to the west,
and will fill in a full day and takes in some great scenery.  If you
have a car and want to get from Melbourne to Adelaide this is by far the
most picturesque way of doing it. has some pics.

We'll be at the other end of Oz (north Queensland) between Dec 17 and
Jan 7 but if you're around the Melbourne area any other times it would
be good to catch up.  Or come up north and see some real humidity :-)

Simon Burge                            <>
NetBSD Support and Service: