Subject: Re: visiting australia - want advise
To: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: regional-au
Date: 10/13/2005 16:41:30
grog@NetBSD.org said:
> Make sure to find time to come to the Adelaide Hackers' Barbecue on 26
> December!

I'll try - hope it fits in.

> there's nothing wrong with Perth

This doesn't sound enthusiastic:-) The problem is that
one of my companions needs to leave on january 6; he'll
probably take a flight to Sydney, from either Adelaide,
Melbourne or Alice Springs, and we have to split anyway.

> A lot depends on what you're
> looking for.

I definitely enjoy nature more than big cities.
(Personally I'm not opposed to serious hiking, but
my fellows didn't like the idea when I brought
this up.)
Coastal areas are good, mountains too, all that...

I'll have a look into the maps, will probably ask
more questions in the next weeks.

best regards
Matthias