Subject: alphas for sale
To: None <regional-au@NetBSD.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: regional-au
Date: 03/25/2004 13:04:27
--xY23VHacxCa7rROP

This was sent to me by a friend.  Please direct all enquiries to the
address in the message; I have no affiliation with the organisation
in question.

---- cut ----

Dear supercomputer users,
as we prepare to upgrade the Swinburne supercomputer we have
decided to retire and sell most of the Compaq Alpha machines
that comprised the original cluster. We have at least 20 in working order
that are available (for sale) to other departments or research groups
within Swinburne.

I must emphasise that these are not PCs but are high end number
crunching workstations. They are 64 bit machines with EV6 CPUs (4 Mbyte
cache) and would be best suited going to a group that already has a=20
number of these
machines.

If you are interested in purchasing these on behalf of your group please
reply to

support@astro.swin.edu.au

Similarly please pass this message on to others that might be interested.
Their detailed specifications are as follows

Compaq XP1000
System Type: DEC6600
CPU: EV6 500Mhz 4 Mbyte cache
RAM: 512 MB
HDD: 18 GB SCSI
No video card

regards

Dr James Murray
Supercomputer Administrator/Astronomer
Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
Hawthorn VIC 3122
Ph (61) 3 9214 5787
http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~jmurray