Subject: Re: CVS server in AP region?
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: regional-au
Date: 02/11/2004 16:48:02
--J/zg8ciPNcraoWb6

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 03:43:42PM +1100, Daniel Carosone wrote:

> For example, how many people on this list today use anoncvs.netbsd.org
> rather than cvs.netbsd.org?  Most of the .au netbsd folk I know, are
> developers.  I'd love to learn of hordes of other users, but I'm not
> presently aware they exist.

I use anoncvs when I do not trust the network I am currently connected
to (ie. my machines at work don't have my NetBSD private key on them).

having a reliable, functional anoncvs service is extremely important
to those using NetBSD/pkgsrc for critical operations. waiting hours
for an available slot on anoncvs is really not an option.

through necessity I have been forced to use my personal mirror while
I'm at work, however, I don't think this is appropriate at all, nor
should it be necessary.

grant.

--J/zg8ciPNcraoWb6

--J/zg8ciPNcraoWb6--