Subject: Re: looking for a spare ultra 2 (Re: spare sun sparc bits.)
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: regional-au
Date: 01/12/2004 23:11:09
On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 02:25:07AM +1100, matthew green wrote:

> i looked a bit closer and it seems safer to run 32 bit mode there
> right now, though they do support 64 kernel with 64/32 apps...it's
> all not in a debian release yet of course, heh heh heh... but their
> 32 bit emulation works :)

gentoo have an amd64 bootable cd (yes, it really is amd64 because it
bitches about not being able to go into long mode if I boot it on my
laptop), the install seemed to be going ok up to the point where I
ham-fisted my fs with the wrong fsck (oops).  May give it another go
when I have the inclination.

--
Brett Lymn