Subject: Re: gcc 3.3 worth enabling?
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: regional-au
Date: 08/05/2003 21:00:43
On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 08:30:54PM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 12:52:33PM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
>   | Presumably, the USE_TOOLS_TOOLCHAIN=no line in mk.conf is now
>   | redundant, and I do expect to be doing ./build -E again as the
>   | ongoing remake world path.
>
> I *really* *really* advise against "-E".

Agreed.  However, several of the other things you suggest don't
work right now for gcc-3 builds, because the setlists are not yet
correct for gcc-3 until the switch is made.

In the meantime, I recommend building to a destdir and copying that
over root, as you did already with tar or pax (I use rsync; same
result).

--
Dan.