Subject: Re: gcc 3.3 worth enabling?
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: regional-au
Date: 08/05/2003 10:00:10
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 19:29:13 +1000 matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au> wrote:

>    nothing explicit has been put in UPDATING. Does one have to be careful
>    about the initial build process? eg is it as simple as one line in
>    /etc/mk.conf and away she goes? would build -E be unworkable or ok?
>

> i don't use -E so i don't know (or care :-).  i wouldn't use it to -D /,
> but just setting USE_TOOLS_TOOLCHAIN=no should get you a build that works
> (not "distribution" or anything that check's the sets lists..yet.)
>

> .mrg.

Ok. last silly q for a bit: how do I get from /usr/obj/destdir.i386 into my live
system when build has completed, or does it do it for me?

I did:

./build.sh -V NOCLEANDIR=true build in /usr/src with
USE_TOOLS_TOOLCHAIN=no set in /etc/mk.conf

Do I just boot single user and do tar pipes into the live system?

cheers

-George