Subject: Re: gcc 3.3 worth enabling?
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: regional-au
Date: 08/04/2003 16:03:02
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:14:03 +1000 matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au> wrote:

> my laptop is running a full in-tree gcc3.3.1-pre built world... it's
> ready... i am preparing sets for i386 & sparc and doing some final
> tests on sparc before switching those ports over.

clearly 'it works' then for at least i386. Hmm. I haven't seen a clear signal
this was true yet.

> flag day?  not really a flag day.. :-)

Goody!

nothing explicit has been put in UPDATING. Does one have to be careful about the
initial build process? eg is it as simple as one line in /etc/mk.conf and away
she goes? would build -E be unworkable or ok?

nag nag :-)

-George

--
George Michaelson       |  APNIC