Port-zaurus archive

Re: Advice on Zaurus

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Chris Wareham wrote:

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:49:31 +0000
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham%chriswareham.demon.co.uk@localhost>
To: port-zaurus%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: Advice on Zaurus

Dear list,

I'm interested in buying a Zaurus to run NetBSD on from Conics.Net
(http://conics.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=153). I
was wondering if someone could tell me whether I should add any of extra
options, or if the basic package will be sufficient. Specifically, I'm
wondering whether the wireless LAN card is supported by NetBSD.

Yes wireless lan works. I am currently using a wi(4) compact flash card.
There are a couple of issues with bpf still so dhcp is having issues, but
hardcoding ip seems to work fine.

I am still working on an install procedure, but I can probably get something out that gets you up and running. Beware this is a very new port so there are a few things that do not work yet. Check the port page for specifics.