Re: timekeeping regression?

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> writes:

> I update to RC3 (13 days ago says uptime).  I am seeing the dom0 not
> really converged with ntp, offsets -5000 to -15000 (so 5 to 15s fast).

I got some offlist hints and now I believe:

  this is not a recent regression

  a pv dom0 with multiple cpus keeps time badly
  a pv or pvshim domU with multiple cpus keeps time badly

I have changed to vcpu=1 for both domUs and added to my dom0 boot line:

  dom0_max_vcpus=1

and now things seem much better.  But, a PV domU netbsd-9 amd64 guest
with 2 cpus was mostly ok before.