Re: Reproducible deadlock? with VND on NetBSD 10.0_BETA Dom0 on Xen 4.15

Hello Michael,

On 18.05.23 09:49, Michael van Elst wrote:
mp%petermann-it.de@localhost (Matthias Petermann) writes:

   PID USERNAME PRI NICE   SIZE   RES STATE       TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
   433 root      95    0   100M   68M vndpc       0:03  0.00%  0.00% tar
     0 root      96    0     0K   31M uvnfp1      0:02  0.00%  0.00%
[system]

That already tells that you ran out of memory. Are you sure it's a
deadlock and not "just" very slow ?

First of all, thank you very much for your assistance on IRC. The current status is that it indeed seems to be a deadlock.

You had recommended requesting a backtrace of the vnd0 threads as the next step.

I will try to get this done next, but I need to switch systems and set up another one that has a working console or the option for a serial console. Unfortunately, I'm quite limited on the NUC at the moment. Once I'm ready, I will get back to you at this point.

Kind regards
Matthias