Any pv shim examples ???

So, I noticed that there is a message in the Xen 4.15.2 package
mentioning that 32 bit PV guests will need to use pv shim in the future
as direct support is going away.  I attempted to use that with a very
old NetBSD 8.x 32 bit PV test guest I have on a NetBSD 9.2 DOM0 and it
didn't work.  I do not quite understand how pv shim works, but it
appears to want to start something like another DOM0 and that crashes.

Just wondering if anyone has had this work for them.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org