Re: creating a linux domU

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020, Dima Veselov wrote:

> >  direct boot parameters specified but kernel missing
>
> Try to remove "kernel", "ramdisk" and "extra" parameters from config.

Aha! This was my problem - the NetBSD wiki howto mentioned this 'extra'
parameter but I hadn't associated this as strictly for the PV boot and it
was the 'direct boot parameters' specified and causing the error.

So thanks, I have a (debian) linux domU running now in HVM mode with an
ext2 formatted disk, will experiment some more as at least I can copy out
the kernel etc now.

iain