Re: SIGSEGV for programs attempting to write files they don't have access to

Staffan Thomén <duck%shangtai.net@localhost> writes:

> Still, both bacula and apache crashed every time after upgrading which
> clearly wouldn't have my stupid mistakes.
>
> Recompiling bacula-clientonly and apache24 on 9.0 fixed the crashing.

This seems like it is working around a bug, which is of course an
entirely sensible thing for you to do.

If you have pkgsrc bits from 8, and upgrade to 9, they should still
work.  However, once you rebuild any package, you are no longer in a
sound situation.

Did the crashes happen with 100% built-on-8 packages?