Re: drop xen4.8 ?

Andreas Gustafsson <gson%gson.org@localhost> writes:

> No objection, but a reminder that the Xen Howto also needs to be
> updated.

Thanks for the reminder.  I just updated eol status based on Manuel's
explanations.

Things I am not 100% clear on, written as statements - please tell me if
wrong:

  Since 4.2, xen has required PAE support for i386, both dom0 and domU.

  On 4.2 and higher, one needs an amd64 xenkernel, even if one is
  running i386 PAE as the dom0.

  On 4.2 through 4.11, one can still use i386 PAE as the dom0, but
  really everybody uses amd64 and there is no good reason to run the
  dom0 in i386 mode (unless you really still have i386-only hardware
  that you want to run Xen on).

  On 4.2 through 4.11, running a i386 PAE DOMU works just fine, as does
  an amd64 DOMU.

If that's write I can change the HOWTO which doesn't quite say this, and
perhaps simplify DESCRs a bit, as "i386 has to be PAE for Xen" has not
been news for years.