Re: drop xen4.8 ?

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 02:51:48PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> writes:
>
> > I plan to remove xen 4.8 from pkgsrc after the freeze. It didn't get
> > security updates since some time.
>
> I don't object, but I don't really understand the situation and grand
> plan.  Reading DESCR of the various packages did not enlighten me :-(
>
> It looks like we have
>
>   4.2
>   4.5
>   4.6
>   4.8
>   4.11
>
> So I wonder:
>
>   Obviously absent problems (and the cost to upgrade) everyone should be
>   running 4.11.  Correct?

Yes. I though 4.5 and 4.6 had already been dropped :(

So, new proposal:
I will remove Xen 4.5, 4.6 and 4.8 after the freeze, unless someone
objects.

4.2 is the last one with the python-based tools.
The newer tools have a different behavior (xl create forks one instance
per device create/remove, and runs them in parallel). It took some time
to handle it right on our side, and I don't know if everyone have migrated
yet (it can be tricky with custom scripts to handle virtual devices).

If nobody uses it any more I'm fine with dropping it too.