Re: Instability issues with NetBSD-9, xen-4.11 and the xbdb backend driver

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 07:25:39PM -0800, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	Hello.  Here is a simple patch that I think addresses the issue I'm
> seeing with the dom0 causing domu's to panic with biodon2 already errors
> when errors occur with the hypervisor granting process.  I think this is
> the more correct way to deal with such errors.
> this makes the error handling path match in the two places where error
> handling is treated.
>
> Thoughts?

I don't think it's the correct way to handle this in this case; I think it
could leave dandling requests in the ring.

AFAIK xbdi->xbdi_cont_aux can point to xbdback_co_main_done2,
xbdback_co_cache_flush2 or xbdback_co_io_loop.

I guess the problematic case would be xbdback_co_io_loop(). But I can't
see how it can be, as the xbdi->xbdi_io = NULL should force a
request split.