Re: XENPVHVM

On 10 June 2019 3:39:25 PM GMT+02:00, Stephen Borrill <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
>On Sat, 8 Jun 2019, Mathew, Cherry G. wrote:
>> Hi Chavdar - the PVHVM console is on the serial port so you'll need
>to connect your domU TTY to it.
>>
>> On regular xen tools you put a 'serial=pty' line in your config file.
>xl console should normally dtrt but  you can force it like so:
>>
>> xl console -t serial $domid
>
>I've not had any joy with this on XenServer (or XCP-NG):
>
>[root@xenserver4 ~]# list_domains | grep `xe vm-list name-label="NetBSD
>PVHVM" --minimal`
>15 | e2d4c021-9303-4264-f5aa-5f88cfbb1679 |    B H
>[root@xenserver4 ~]# xl console 15
>*nothing*
>[root@xenserver4 ~]# xenstore-ls /local/domain/15/serial
>0 = ""
>  limit = "65536"
>  tty = "/dev/pts/9"
>
>Can the console be set to the standard emulated graphics console
>instead
>of serial as Linux PVHVM VMs do?

hi Stephen,

there's nothing inherently preventing emulated VGA from working - I just removed it from the config to bring the kernel down to minimum.

I will investigate  the PV console option, but could you perhaps try compile in vga(4) and see if it works ? you'll probably want to attach it with vga_isa  using 'vga0 at isa?'

lmk.

Cherry