Re: patch: add instrumentation to xen/x86/autoconf.c

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 07:33:17AM +0800, Cherry G. Mathew wrote:
> On January 21, 2019 7:03:12 AM GMT+08:00, Christoph Badura <bad%bsd.de@localhost> wrote:
> >Here is some instrumentation I found useful during my recent debugging.
> >If there are no objections I'd like to commit soon.

> Is there a way to use aprintf_debug_dev() or is this too early for that?

I don't know.  I was copying the style and #define used in x86_autoconf.c
for consitency.

cpu_rootconf() is called just before the root fs is mounted in
init_main.c:main().  So all the devices and other subsystems are already
on-line.

But do we want this code in the kernel all the time?  I guess no one has
used this in years.

--chris