Re: Odd problem with many vcpus

On 09/21/18 15:32, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 01:35:35PM +0300, Staffan Thomen wrote:
I applied the patch and it helped ...almost

thanks, I will request a pullup

The system now remains responsive, I can log in (and out) via ssh
without issue, but the python process that the firefox build runs
still just sits there spinning on one cpu. A ^T shows it no longer
as "parked" though.

With <=12 vcpus that stage took less than a minute and it's been
running for half an hour now, so something is still stuck somewhere.

can you ktrace the python process, to see if it's looping on some
system call ?

I tried running ktruss -p (twice, with a reboot in between just to be sure) and got absolutely nothing. I checked with ntpd and got some output so I think I did it right.

This time I noticed that it says "parked" again, but still using up 99% of one cpu (load 1.00).

Staffan