Re: Trouble getting xbd devices to work

Le sam. 25 août 2018 à 17:34, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> a écrit :

> On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 05:29:03PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > Are you using a current kernel for the domU ?
> > atf tests are failing in a similar way (disklabel can't read sector 0),
> > I suspect it's caused by xbd_xenbus.c 1.84. I'm testing this theory
> > right now.
>
> Indeed, this is -current everywhere.
> Will try a -8 kernel, thanks!

I was able to boot domU kernel fine with rev. 1.84, but perhaps just
lucky to not hit it. Sure it would be good to check if rev. 1.84 or
anything after that broke it.

I think that actually that condition for 512-byte alignment can simply
be removed. I don't see there anything intrinsically requiring it.
Unless of course there is something special in xbd backend code.

Jaromir