Re: issues with NetBSD/XEN live migrations

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018, pierre-philipp braun wrote:

Hello netbsd/xen
[snip]
I remember I already had troubles before, migrating xen netbsd guests when running 4.10.0 hosts and identical dom0s. What is going wrong, are those known issues?

Yes, suspend/resume (and hence migrate) do not work (you may have some luck if you don't have any vifs attached, but that's hardly useful in production). I've been moaning about this for a number of years. There's no way for the domU to say it can't do suspend/resume, so you need to be really careful when using NetBSD on, say, XenServer when applying automated patches as it will try to migrate VMs around to evacute hosts for reboot.

--
Stephen