Re: 64-bit PV and Meltdown

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 01:42:51PM -0500, Brian Marcotte wrote:
> > You will be giving the netbsd32 compat code a real workout.  It's had that
> > on other platforms but not so much on x86.  I know I and others will be
> > glad to help address any issues ASAP.
>
> Some system tools don't work properly like kmem programs, some mount_*
> commands and ktrace, etc. For now, I've replaced those with 64-bit static
> binaries.

If practical, I would suggest instead the approach of installing the
entire 64-bit NetBSD userland with the 32 bit libraries in the compat
location.  Though this would make a flag day for new code compiled by
users, unless you provided a compat toolchain earlier in their PATHs.

But, FWIW, what you're doing is the norm on some of the MIPS
ports and it basically works.  I am surprised even the programs you
mention aren't working (except perhaps kmem grovellers).

Thor