Re: xentools depends on X11?

liman%cafax.se@localhost:
> Hi Eric!

> eric%cirr.com@localhost:
>> Lars-Johan Liman writes:
>> - I just tried to build a minimal Xen dom0. I was somewhat surprised to
>> - learn that you cannot install xentools without dragging in "all of" X11,
>> - as it depends on some X11 lib. Is this really a) necessary, b)
>> - desirable?

>> Which version of xentools are you building/installing?

> I'm doing a binary install from:

> http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/7.1/All/xentools46-4.6.5nb2.tgz

>> In checking the dependency list for xentools46, I couldn't find
>> anything that seemed to pull in anything X11 related, unless
>> python27 or ocaml manages to do it in some  hidden fashion..

> It could be related to one of the packages on which it depends. I'm not
> sure. Trying to install leads to an error state I haven't seen before,
> but I think it happens because I _haven't_ installed all the basic
> NetBSD installation packages (in this case the X11 ones), and as I
> usually do that, I haven't ended up in this situation before.

Fiddling more with this, I just learned that if I unpack this package
file:

http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/7.1/All/xentools46-4.6.5nb2.tgz

the dependency is mentioned in +BUILD_INFO,

$ grep pixman ./+BUILD_INFO
BUILTIN_PKGS=zlib-1.2.3 pixman-0.32.6
REQUIRES=/usr/X11R7/lib/libpixman-1.so.2

... and there is lots of mentioning of X11:

CFLAGS=-O2  -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R7/include
CONFIGURE_ARGS=--disable-seabios --sysconfdir=/usr/pkg/etc
    --x-includes=/usr/X11R7/include --x-libraries=/usr/X11R7/lib
    --prefix=/usr/pkg --build=x86_64--netbsd --host=x86_64--netbsd
    --mandir=/usr/pkg/man

to name a few places.

				Cheers,
				  /Liman