Re: boot.cfg and userconf

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> Hello
>
> I have a machine that exhibits the crash described in port-xen/50446
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/50446
>
> The workaround is to disable agp* in userconf. Booting with -c and
> doing it by hand works. Now I would like to have this in /boot.cfg,
> but my various attemps seems to be ignored.
>
> I tried a line with this at the end of he file, no luck.
> userconf=disable agp*
>
> I also tried this without success:
> menu=NetBSD-7.1 XEN3PAE_DOM0:load /netbsd71-XEN3PAE_DOM0 -s
> userconf=disable agp* console=com0;multiboot /xen-4.5.3 dom0_mem=256M
> console=com1 com1=115200,8n1;rndseed /var/db/entropy-file
>
> Is there a bug to track down here, or do I just misreead the documentation?

I had similar problems (radeon firmware missing during new kernel but
not new user), and the line that worked for me was:

menu=Boot normally:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;userconf disable radeon*;boot netbsd

I found the documentation hard to read.  THe real issue is about the use
of = after menu=foo:.  It seems sometimes to work, sometimes not, and
boot.cfg doesn't really explain.