Re: Crash after crash of NetBSD/Xen system

In Message <86wpeh799m.fsf%shell.gmplib.org@localhost>,
   tg%gmplib.org@localhost (=?utf-8?Q?Torbj=C3=B6rn?= Granlund)wrote:

=>A Xeon system which has run NetBSD/Xen since February 2014 has crashed
=>repeatedly in the last 10 days.
=>
=>After the first 4 crashes, I on Dec 21 updated NetBSD to the current 7.0
=>sources.  I upgraded xen to the current ports xenkernel45 the day after.
=>
=>Then, after about a week without any new crash, the system yesterday
=>crashed 3 times within an hour.
=>
=> [...]

   This certainly sounds like a hardware issue to me. Since you
have ECC RAM, I'd guess the motherboard was going, though supposedly
ECC RAM could go bad, as well, eventually. Maybe check to see if
your BIOS has anything that reports hardware errors.

					Gary Duzan