Re: GSoC 2016 Bringing NetBSD to Microsoft Azure

On Fri, 4 Mar 2016, Christos Zoulas wrote:
On Mar 4, 10:21pm, retrage01%gmail.com@localhost (Moroo Akira) wrote:
-- Subject: GSoC 2016 Bringing NetBSD to Microsoft Azure

| Hello.
|
| I would like to participate in Google Code of Summer this year.
| I am interested in "Bringing NetBSD to Microsoft Azure" on the idea list.
| Could you tell me more about detail of this idea?
| Thank you.

Since this has been already done for FreeBSD it should be simple enough
to follow their steps and make similar changes in NetBSD. As a first step
you probably don't need to port the specialized drivers that will improve
the performance drastically, but porting the drivers is part of the project.

Here are the FreeBSD instructions to boot on Azure:

   https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/running-freebsd-in-azure/

Please let us know if you need more details.

And presumably, this is pretty similar to running NetBSD on Hyper-V.

--
Stephen